Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TWISTS Nuclear Power Reconsidered production
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

TWISTS Nuclear Power Reconsidered production
Nov 25th, 2007, 12:40pm

I was commissioned by my Colleagues Ann Kilkelly (Theatre) and Carol Burch-Brown (Art) to compose, produce, and arrange music and sound effects for the Nuclearity Power Reconsidered theatrical play. Performances of an evening-long play took place on November 7th and 8th and have literally filled the house on both evenings leaving dozens of people unable to obtain tickets. The Theatre Workshop in Science, Technology and Society (TWISTS) play was in part sponsored by the ISCE summer scholars grant.

Given that all of the aural production including both prerecorded sounds and performances had to be executed live (at times concurrently), my primary focus was to devise an interactive system within Max/MSP which would allow for seamless integration and more importantly relatively confident performance in the midst of a tight production schedule. The play also incorporated unusual performing forces such as a rubber string bass, a ukulele, banjo, and vocals, so I must say that this has been truly a fun and engaging experience which has in many ways influenced my own work.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print