Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wii Fit + Max + Neverball = Lots of Fun
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Wii Fit + Max + Neverball = Lots of Fun
Feb 7th, 2009, 6:03pm

Last December, while developing disis.aka.wiiremote Max external, I could not resist but try to integrate controller in the awesome Super Monkey Ball clone and an open-source game Neverball. Within a day, my students and I were having way too much fun with this unbelievably easy hack (gotta love open-source software Wink).

As a result of the recent DISIS video footage clean-up, we've posted series of videos including the one showing off what we've come to believe to be the way to play this really cool game. For this and other DISIS footage, including performances, installations, and tech demos visit:

http://www.youtube.com/vtdisis

More specifically, for the Neverball video click here.

Finally, for those interested in trying this at home, the patch for the Neverball can be found here (I haven't gotten around to including the Max patch but putting it together should not be too difficult, as you need simply an UDP connection to the port 3000 with control data being formatted as space-delimited integer pairs that correspond to the game window resolution, e.g. 800x600 resolution would have no tilt with values of 400 300, whereas 0 0 value would lean fully towards the top-left corner).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print