D4 (2016) is a comprehensive audio spatialization library for the MaxMSP visual programming language. It consists of two components:
- An innovative Layer Based Amplitude Panning (LBAP) algorithm first publicly presented at the ICAD 2016 conference in Canberra, Australia, and
- A multimodal library of MaxMSP patches and abstractions designed to optimize use of the LBAP algorithm.
For additional info on the project visit the D4 software page or click on the software link below.
- I. Bukvic, “3D TIME-BASED AURAL DATA REPRESENTATION USING D4 LIBRARY’S LAYER BASED AMPLITUDE PANNING ALGORITHM,” International Conference on Auditory Displays, Canberra, Australia, 2016. [international]
- I. Bukvic, “Introducing D4: an Interactive 3D Audio Rapid Prototyping and Transportable Rendering Environment Using High Density Loudspeaker Arrays,” International Computer Music Conference, Utrecht, Netherlands, 2016, pp. 496-500. [international]
- I. Bukvic and G. Earle, “REIMAGINING HUMAN CAPACITY FOR LOCATION-AWARE AUDIO PATTERN RECOGNITION: A CASE FOR IMMERSIVE EXOCENTRIC SONIFICATION,” International Conference on Auditory Displays, Houghton, Michigan, 2018, pp. 153-159. [international]
- I. Bukvic, “Introduction to Sonification,” in Foundations in Sound Design for Embedded Media, M. Filimowicz, Ed. Routledge. [in press]