Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paper on Interactive Art at SEAMUS 2005
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Paper on Interactive Art at SEAMUS 2005
Mar 27th, 2005, 5:29pm

My paper titled "Practical Guide to Technological, Aesthetic, and Logistical Concerns in Composing and Performing Interactive Electroacoustic Art" has been scheduled to be presented at the upcoming SEAMUS 2005 conference (http://www.bsu.edu/seamus2005/paperschedule.htm) at the Ball State University in Muncie, IN. The paper will be presented on the first session that is to take place on April 14th at 9am.

This paper as well as the discussion it will hopefully foster should provide a scaffolding for an extended publication on the same topic and hopefully eventually grow into a full-fledged book. As an interactive multimedia artist I've often faced various unforeseen setbacks while attempting to present one of my own works. In my pursuit of more exhaustive, yet practical documentation on this important aspect of contemporary multimedia art I've failed to locate a single comprehensive source. This has prompted me to pursue this topic myself in order to provide the newcomers to this quickly growing medium with invaluable information that just may save them hours of troubleshooting as well as minimize embarrasing moments when the complex contraptions simply fail to do what they were designed to do.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print