Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wake Forest project
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Wake Forest project
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:47pm

On September 20th 2007 I presented a proposal for "Pebble Space" concept which would complement one of the latest large-scale building initiatives in the downtown Charlotte (NC) which consists of a new seven-building complex. One of project's prerequisites was to draw inspiration from MIT's "Pebble box" metaphor and using that as a foundation for an intelligent sustainable environment which will be used as a converging point between Wachovia employees, stock brokers, and Wake Forest MBA faculty and students. Once again, the focus of my proposal was communal interaction fostered through interactive multimedia installation which is encapsulating both artistic and pragmatic components into a streamlined experience. The initial presentation has elicited a fair amount of interest. Stay tuned for more info...

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Intelligent Space grant
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2009, 1:12pm

This past spring we've received funding from Wake-Forest/Wachovia for a virtual realization of this project using a 3D audio-visual paradigm commonly found in games. The project was completed in less than 3 months from conception to production, providing a rich interactive environment describing possible implementations of audio-visual technologies into the target space. For this purpose we've used Unity3D platform that has proven very friendly for purposes of rapid prototyping. Unfortunately, due to NDA associated with this project, for the time being I am unable to disseminate the final deliverable.

With the phase I (virtual prototyping) complete, we are now embarking onto a phase II dealing with actual physical prototyping.

Stay tuned for more info...

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Intelligent Space phase 2 grant
Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2009, 2:07pm

Last June we secured matching funding from Virginia Tech's ISCE (http://www.isce.vt.edu/) and ICTAS (http://www.ictas.vt.edu). As a result we are currently in the process of working on the physical prototype for the project whose completion is tentatively scheduled for the spring of 2009. Stay tuned for more info...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print